Have you ever noticed that after washing your clothes, take your clothes out of the washing machine and still have an unpleasant smell on them? You can add more fabric softener the next time you wash, but this doesn’t completely solve the problem. There are many causes of bad odors on clothes, but the most common is the odor from inside the washing bucket. After each batch of washing, the washing bucket is still wet. If you leave the washer door closed, the hot, humid environment will cause bacteria to multiply quickly. Mold will be on your clothes after washing is finished, making them always smell bad.
Instead of adding more fabric softener, try to find ways to remove odors in the washing machine. This is actually very simple if you know how. With only natural ingredients that are easy to find, you can do this at home every month. Here are some deodorizing tips to help housewives know how to clean the washing machine:
1. White vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda are the three familiar ingredients in every kitchen. In addition to its uses in food processing, white vinegar, lemon juice and baking soda when combined together are also an excellent natural detergent with effective deodorant, which helps to remove all types of bacteria, mold, germs in the washing machine. The way to do it is very simple: first, mix these mixes to soak in the machine for about an hour, the detergent actives will penetrate deep into the nooks and crannies of the drum, remove stains and fungus. mold sticking in the machine wall. After soaking, just run a wash cycle with hot water, but remember not to put clothes in. After the machine is running, wipe the inside with a dry cloth. Do this once a month to make sure your washing machine is always clean and your clothes are fragrant!
2. Leave the washer door open as much as possible. The ventilated air will help dry the inside of the drum. Because the hot and humid environment will cause bacteria to accumulate very quickly and cause unpleasant odors.
3. Use the correct detergent for each washing machine and carefully read the directions on the package, especially if your home uses a front load washing machine. Using the wrong detergent can cause the soap bubbles to overflow from the washing bucket, or the detergent can become stagnant inside the machine body, causing odors or even damage the machine’s motor. To get rid of all the detergent that has accumulated inside the machine, it is advisable to wash it with hot water from time to time so that the hot water wash off any remaining dirt. Also, be careful not to use more detergent than allowed per wash. If you are not sure how to use detergent properly, you can read the instructions on the packaging.
4. Regularly clean the detergent tray and fabric softener. Be sure to dry it off before replacing it in place.
5. Try to dry the clothes as soon as possible after the washing machine is finished, as much as possible avoid leaving the clothes wet for long periods in the washing bucket will cause mold to build up and grow very quickly.
It is very important to follow the instructions on how to clean the washing machine periodically, this will help your whole family’s clothes always be clean, white like new! With the tips for deodorizing in the washing machine as above, you no longer have to worry about odors on your clothes!