An Microwave oven designed in such a manner that it can take advantage of an electromagnetic wave with a wavelength in the range 0.001–0.3 m while conveniently generating, controlling and terminating the same in order to cook and heat food. It is very useful in kitchen with convenience of operation and maintenance. Traditional heating with the use of fire has many restrictions such as it cannot heat food evenly and the heat remains more on the surface of the food rather than the inner core. Moreover, all your worries of burning food while heating are now gone for you can now easily do the job on a customizable touch pad which equally allow you cooking food too.
How to choose a good one?
Choosing one of the key kitchen appliances need a good market research in terms of feedbacks on the products along with a technical knowledge in order to determine the best product for your kitchen. Choosing the right one includes the following salient features
• Type: There are three types:
a. Counter-top microwave ovens- best in price and ease of installation with variety of styles though occupies space.
b. Over the counter microwave oven- comparatively expensive but saves space
c. Built in microwave oven- meant for cabinetry or built in wall, usually most expensive.
• Built material: It is advisable to check if the built material is stainless steel with coating of acrylic enamel usually light in color for better visibility.
• Capacity: The capacity is measured in litters and depending on the family size, variety of purpose used for including grilling you can go for a microwave with a decent size you may feel suitable for serving your purpose.
• Function: The function is very important for it adds to variety of cooking, heating and baking if possible. The functions are available with cooking specific pre-set functions along with customizability options. It is the feature that enable a novice to go for cooking.
• Turntable: Heating and cooking evenly are ensured with the efficient deployment of a turntable inside the microwave oven. It is a ratable glass plate or turntable that ensures the purposes.
• Safety: The safety feature is one of the most necessary ones before you can make your final decision for a purchase. There must be safety features such as interlocks to stop accidental running of the device if the door is not properly closed and child locks to prevent opening by children while the tray is too hot. There are few more things you should keep in mind for your safety while using the device.
• Warranty: Apart from the quality of the product if you need anything for your peace of mind, you may always go for products coming with warranty.
Apart from these salient features you may also be interested in features like variable power controls for saving energy and automatic sensors to automatically determine best duration for your cooking activities.
What to keep in mind when using- Safety guidelines
There are few things you should constantly keep in mind and act accordingly to ensure its longevity, seamless performance and obviously your safety. They are as follows:
a) Foods must be kept covered to prevent spattering all over the oven.
b) Always use microwave safe plastic, ceramics or glass made containers.
c) Use hand gloves while baking as it is very hot inside a convection microwave oven.
d) You need to stir food occasionally to evenly distribute the heat throughout the entire food.
e) You should clean the device using a clean piece of cloth.
f) You better leave the food stand for two minutes after it is cooked to let the heat spread through the food.
g) Do not use metal bowels or utensils inside the oven.
h) Do not use steel wool, scouring pads and other abrasive in cleaning the device.
i) Do not sterilize baby bottles or other food utensils in a microwave oven.
j) Do not star the oven if it is empty as the radio waves may bounce back harm the device.
Product with Reviews that we suggest you
After a close study of the market and a thorough research we now confirm that there are few products that we found successfully passed our tests keeping durability, safety and unmatched performance in priority while price too has not been entirely overlooked. They are as follows:
1) Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SU696S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor, 1.3 Cu. Ft, 1100W
The countertop/ built-in oven is made of stainless steel with a capacity of 1.3 cubic foot is a superb choice for a family that has as many as 7-8 members too. This is an 1100 watt device is supported with inverter technology, so you may feel confident enough to have your foods ready well in time. The turbo Defrost feature lets you defrost your foods in a go while the continuous flow of power evenly distributed throughout the food making it delicious. The oven has a sleek, lighter in weight turntable that gives you maximum volume to be used without occupying unnecessary space. Power and Timings for cooking for different foods are now better controlled with its automatic Genius Sensors while 7 pre-set menu items, quick-minute timer, delay start and child safety lock make it worth buying. The Keep Warm features keeps your deserts, gravies and soups warm to be served hot.
2) Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN686S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor, 1.2 Cu. Ft, 1200W
The performance of the oven is partially reflected in its wattage which amounts to 1200 watt. This stainless steel made oven comes with Turbo Defrost features Built of stainless steel, the turbo Defrost feature is coupled with Inverter Technology in order to keep the flow of heating uninterrupted and evenly distributed. The compact countertop/ built-in oven has a 13.4 inches turntable thinner, smarter and smooth in its business of rotating the food while processing. Built-in automatic Genius Sensor adjusts timings and power depending on the food-type. Few other features worth mentioning are 14 preset menu items, quick-minute timer, delay start, child safety lock and keep warm feature.
3) Master Chef, 5 Ovens in 1, 24″ Built In Convection Microwave with Drop Down Door, Black w/Stainless Steel Trim Kit Included. 2 Year Manufacturer’s Warranty Included
This 1700 watt device, 50% faster than gas and electric oven is a great choice for those who want to cook a wide variety of food in the least possible amount of time. This is very smart as a convection for it can bake cookies, biscuits, brownies, muffins and cakes too. Grilling and broiling of fish, chops, hamburgers, steaks and hot dogs are now conveniently possible in minimum time ever. Toasting bread and muffins are now at your finger tip. The 1000 watt dedicated microwave strength is sufficient for all your cooking needs expected to be performed. The commercial design of the device includes no Turntable dependency, more countertop space, drop-down stainless steel door and lighted digital control panel are a few to mention. It has a 2-Year manufacturer warranty.
4) hOmeLabs 1.3 cu. ft. 1050 Watt Countertop Microwave Oven, Black
The modern, stylish, black in color with led display countertop oven is a 1050 watt device with 6 quart capacity lets you customize your cooking programming in an effective and easier way. This compact oven is 1.3 cubic foot in capacity responsible for rotating a BPA free glass turntable needs very little maintenance beyond cleaning. Features such as Quick Touch Pizza Cooker and Popcorn Maker offers 10 power levels, 11 cooking functions and 7 presets for pizza, popcorn and steamed vegetables; defrost options by weight or time, and a speedy cook button for quick reheating. The Favorite menu lets you store and access your own programmed cooking settings. The Child Lock option ensures the safety of your kid.
5) Kenmore 0.9 cu. ft. Countertop Microwave Oven – Stainless Steel
This is a 900 watt energy efficient 0.9 cubic foot microwave oven with loads of preset cooking programs easy to access and get excellent cooking results with a wide variety of your favorite dishes. The exterior is quite space saving while the interior is spacious for a good number of dish sizes you need to cook on. It is perfect to cook food, re-heat or defrost as you need. If you need snacks, just turn it on and get it ready within blink of an eye. Go for popcorn, potato or pizza if you want while you still have options left for cooking meals as easy as selecting from preset menu for customizing programs are most easy. The LED clock never lets you miss the timing and cooking status.
6) Panasonic NE-1025F Silver 1000W Commercial Microwave Oven
The commercial microwave oven from the house of Panasonic is one of the best in its classic look that makes it distinguished among most of the other kinds. It is silver in color while the door is stainless steel made enhancing its classic look to a greater degree while the 1000 watt device is highly reliable and strong in performance. The 0.8 cubic foot capacity allows you to cook a moderate quantity of various delicious foods. The grab and go door handle is very useful if you want to comfortably open the door. The bottom energy feed technology allows the distribution of microwave energy throughout the oven from the oven.
7) Toshiba EM131A5C-BS Microwave Oven with Smart Sensor, Easy Clean Interior, ECO Mode and Sound On/Off, 1.2 Cu. ft, 1100W, Black Stainless Steel
The eye candy black exterior of the 1100 watt oven is a perfect combination for its large digital display, with easy to read control panel. The presets allow you to get pizza, potatoes, vegies and more as part of its efficient way of cooking. The one touch popcorn setting and custom defrost or one pound auto defrost settings are worth mentioning. The 1.2 cubic foot oven has a 12.4 inches diameter turntable suitable for quite long list of cooking. There is a buzzer which lets you know about your cooking status one finished, can also be turned mute if needed. It also has 10 power settings, clock and a kitchen timer.
8) Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN966S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor, 2.2 Cu. Ft, 1250W
The 1250 watt stainless steel countertop oven is 2.2 cubic foot in capacity and manufactured by Panasonic. It has an unmatched performance that not only cooks and heats foods without making any compromise with the taste expected. The Inverter Technology combined with Turbo Defrost feature produce a continuous stream of radiation that takes the cooking and defrosting to a new level in terms of performance. The sleek and light in weight 16.5 turntable is great for virtually all sorts of cooking purposes irrespective of family size. It also features built-in automatic Genius Sensor adjusting power and time according to food type. The Keep Warm feature keeps your soups, gravies and deserts warm and fresh until served.
9) Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SN651WAZ White Countertop with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor, 1.2 Cu. Ft, 1200W
The 1200 watt, 1.2 cubic foot, white countertop microwave oven is one of the best in line with a highly efficient, light-weight turntable for a maximum interior space justified for most of the foods. Once more the sophisticated Turbo Defrost is backed by Inverter Technology raising the net heating and cooking performance of the device. No more worries about the timing and power settings for various foods as the inclusion of the automatic Genius Sensor taking well control of such baffling issues. It is loaded with very needful features like quick-minute timer, 12 preset menu items, delay start and child safety lock. Keep Warm feature keeps your soups, gravies etc. warm until served.
10) Panasonic Microwave Oven NN-SD975S Stainless Steel Countertop/Built-In Cyclonic Wave with Inverter Technology and Genius Sensor, 2.2 Cu. Ft, 1250W
The combination of classic look with modern features is most evident in this 2.2 cubic foot, 1250 watt stainless steel made countertop/ built-in microwave oven. The Cyclonic Wave Technology comes with ultra-efficient 3D waves that preserves the taste and nutritional value of foods while cooking at a respectable speed. No over-cooking, no variation of taste due to uneven distribution of heat are impeccably controlled by the features like Turbo Defrost and Inverter Technology. Once more family size is no matter for it can cook on large dishes on its 16.5 inch turntable. The automatic sensors control power and timing for each sort of food. The astonishing 20 preset menu items, delay start, child safety lock and Keep Warm feature are most sought for in a high-end microwave machine.
11) Nostalgia RMO770RED Retro 700-Watt Countertop Microwave Oven, 0.7 Cubic Foot, Red
The 700 watt energy efficient, money saving and still fast enough to never make you feel dissatisfied with the speed of cooking operations including defrosting. The 0.7 cubic foot microwave is unparalleled when it comes to its look as the name suggests the retro look of the product, red in color is a must for your kitchen with best-in-the-market kitchen appliances. Making popcorn, pizza, potatoes, veggies are now easy with its 12 preset programs. Cooking settings and digital display come with improved visibility. The rotating turntable evenly spreads the heat making the food delicious. The sleek chrome door handle adds to beauty and convenience of opening the door.
12) COSTWAY Programmable Microwave Oven Countertop Convection Smart Sensor Easy Clean Interior and LED Lighting with Auto and Time Defrost, Quick cook setting 1000W,1.1 cu.ft
This 1000 watt cooking machine is 1.1 cubic foot in capacity with abilities like preparing snacks, multi-stage cooking for custom cooked meals and for all regular purposes expected from one such. The six most used preset menu items like pizza, popcorn, baked potatoes, frozen dinner, beverage and reheat let you breathe comfort instead of scratching your head about the timings and power. The 10 different power levels are best in preparing foods in need of the feature while the enhanced display lets you know the cooking status. Be it auto or speed defrosting, is easier than ever before due to the installation of a convection smart sensor. The child lock safety mechanism makes it the perfect choice of the day.
How to Choose a Microwave Oven?
The cover or outer case of the microwave oven is usually a one-piece, wrap-around metal enclosure. The oven’s inside panels and doors are made of galvanized or stainless steel and are given a coating of acrylic enamel, usually light in color to offer good visibility
A microwave is a kitchen essential. Buy the right one and you’ll be able to cook meals as well as reheat and defrost food in no time. There is currently a wide selection of microwave ovens on the market being sold for a variety of prices. Selecting the right microwave to fit your needs can be a relatively simple process if you just take into account your culinary goals and consider the full spectrum of options available to you.
1. Determine the external size you want.
Microwaves come in multiple sizes, usually ranging from 10x18x14in (25.4×45.7×35.6cm) (Height-Width-Depth) to 14x24x20in (35.6x61x50.8cm)(HWD). To choose the right size for you, first establish where you will place your oven. Then, consider how large your kitchen counter is and how much food you expect to be cooking.
Measure the space where you plan to put your microwave prior to purchasing the appliance.
2. Determine the internal capacity you need.
The internal capacity of a microwave can range from less than 1 cubic foot to over 2 cubic feet. This will typically be listed on the box when you buy the appliance and can help you determine whether your favorite dishes will fit inside the microwave.
3. Decide how fast you want your food to cook.
Wattage is key here: higher wattage ovens typically cook food faster and more evenly than lower wattage ovens. Larger microwave ovens usually offer a higher wattage (power) than smaller ovens. Wattage is listed on the box the microwave comes in.
Review your options
There are many different kinds of microwaves on the market. Learn about what each type can offer you so you can make an informed decision:
• Countertop microwave ovens. These take up counter space but are typically cheaper and easier to install than the other two options.
• Over-the-range microwave ovens. Microwaves in this category are vented to the outside and typically require installation by an electrician. On the plus side, they free up counter space.
• Built-in microwave ovens. These are designed to be built into a wall or surrounded by cabinetry. They are a great option if you don’t have counter space, since they can be installed in a microwave drawer under the countertop and they can glide out when you need to warm your food. They are more expensive, ranging from $350-$1500, but can look more streamlined than the other types.
• Some countertop microwaves will have a build-in option.
Set a budget
Pricing for microwave ovens can vary significantly depending on the type, size, and brand of microwave. For example, a midsized countertop microwave could cost you anywhere from $70-$500. Set a maximum for how much you’re willing to spend and refrain from going over that amount.
Look for deals
You can find great deals by searching for used microwaves on websites like Craigslist or eBay. Keep an eye out for yard sales as well, since people who are moving will often drop prices just to get rid of the items quickly. Some stores also offer scratch and dent appliances, which may have damage to the exterior but are often cheaper and can look and work like new.
• Thoroughly inspect any used microwave you are considering purchasing. Ask the seller if they can demonstrate that the microwave works, and look to buy a microwave from a seller who offers at least a 14-day return policy.
Prior to purchasing a microwave oven, look up the models you are considering online and read reviews by other users. This will allow you to gauge the efficiency, ease of use, and longevity of the appliance at no cost to you. Look up user reviews of the specific model you’re thinking of buying on Amazon. The manufacturer’s website will often also feature customer reviews.
Look for your must-have features
Microwave ovens offer a variety of features such as defrosting or specialized cooking buttons such as a popcorn setting or a TV dinner setting. These can take the guesswork out of your meal planning and preparation and thus can simplify the cooking process.